||The House of VALCKENBERG - Wine Merchants since 1786
In 1786, a Dutchman, Peter Joseph Valckenberg, establishes a wine business in Worms, and begins importing and exporting. In 1808, Valckenberg is able to buy the monastery and the vineyards around the Church of Our Lady, (“Liebfrauenkirche”), at an auction, and becomes the first to put “Liebfraumilch” on the market. Valckenberg leads it to world success.
Tradition and progress
Since 1880 VALCKENBERG wine merchants exports German Premium wines into the world. VALCKENBERG helped with their business contacts to increase the international reputation of names like Margaux, Mouton Rothschild and Prum. Today VALCKENBERG wine merchants still work for first-class wineries. Our team of experienced wine professionals and ardently travelling merchants complements each other and works hand in hand. They are especially successful in the marketing of these specific wines.|